If you are thinking about starting up a social enterprise and need assistance, welcome to the BC Centre for Social Enterprise. The Centre offers the tools that you need to get started.
Here are some current papers generated by the Centre.
1. For our paper proposing the Destination of Profits Test for 'simple' non-profits in Canada, click here. September 2012.
2. For our commentary on the new Community Economic Development guidance released by CRA, click here. July 2012.
3. For the Centre's research paper, co-created with the SFU Centre for Sustainable Community Development, entitled 'Social Enterprise Legal Structure: Options and Prospects for a Made in Canada Solution', click here. May 2011.
4. For the Centre's paper entitled '5 Easy Ways to Jeopardize Your Charity', click here. July 2010.
5. For our paper entitled 'More Reflections on Legal Structures for Community Enterprise', click here. April 2010.
6. For our information piece entitled 'The fine print -- Canadian charities operating social enterprises', click here. January 2010.
7. For our paper entitled Legislative Innovations and Social Enterprise Structural Lessons for Canada, click here.
8. For a short paper on 'greening' businesses, including social enterprise and community projects, click here.
9. For a sector brief on training and employment social enterprises, click here.
10. For a review of three 'must have' social enterprise primers, click here.